Weekly Attendance Fees
|Regular Wednesday sessions |
|– £13 per session |
– free of charge if you pay monthly!
|Monthly sparring sessions |
|– £15 per session for guests|
– £13 for club members
– free of charge if you pay monthly AND have an up to date membership!
Ways to pay:
- you can book in through our website
- you can pay by cash on the day
- you can pay by direct bank transfer if you agree this with the instructor in advance
Please note that beginners do need to pay for the first session. The first session is not free of charge. Please arrange this by booking in through our website so that we also have your name and email address for our records (we must keep accurate attendance and contact records, as a requirement of our insurance).
You are welcome to purchase a month of attendance through our online shop, which will let you attend any or all regular sessions during the month. This costs £50 and is therefore significantly cheaper than paying for each session individually!
If you would like to set up an automatic monthly payment, the price is £50 per month. This payment includes participation in every regular session that we run, including any online sessions.
We use a third-party service to provide a safe and secure payment method, so that we are not handling your payment details directly. You can choose your preferred method for automatic monthly payments:
- Direct debit – please click here to set up a monthly direct debit. Direct debits will be taken within a few days of the date when you sign up for it, and will recur every month at around that same date. We use the GoCardless service to collect direct debits so that your payments are completely secure and so that they are covered by the official Direct Debit Guarantee.
- PayPal recurring payment – please click here to set up a recurring monthly payment through PayPal. Please note that you do need a PayPal account for this, and these recurring payments can be managed through your PayPal account.
- Standing order – if you would like to set up a standing order from your bank account, so that the money is transferred to us every month, please ask us for the club bank account details.
If you have set up one of the above automatic systems for monthly payments AND have an up-to-date club membership, then we can offer you a free private tuition session as a catch-up lesson if you miss five weeks of regular sessions. Just let Keith know, and you can arrange a mutually convenient time!
(2022-12-02 edit:) Credits will expire after 6 months if they are unused, unless you make a special arrangement with the instructor.
(2023-06-28 edit:) A week counts as missed if you do not attend any of the sessions that week; so if there is a Wednesday session and a weekend sparring day, and you miss the Wednesday but do manage to attend the sparring day, that week does not count towards a credit.
Our annual membership fee is currently £25 for the year. All regular attendees should have an up to date membership – insurance is important, for you and for your training partners.
Annual membership includes your student public liability policy that we arrange through BMABA. It is important that you have the proper insurance for our activity – it means you will not bear the financial burden if you have a genuine accident and injure a training partner, but it also helps you to make the legal defence for carrying your training swords to and from the club (more information).
Furthermore, annual membership entitles you to discounts when making purchases through the Academy of Historical Arts online shop.
We are happy to offer a family discount, to make it easier and more affordable for families to come and train together at the club.
To simplify the family discount so that it can be calculated more easily: if 2 or more people from the same family are attending, and are paying together and at the same time through the website, the total attendance fee due may be discounted by 10%.
Furthermore, we are happy to offer a discounted membership fee for families, at the same rate. This has the same condition: the memberships must be purchased and paid for together and at the same time through the website. It is the same discount code for memberships and attendance.
If you would like to set up a monthly attendance fee for your family, please contact the instructor to arrange this and to receive the discount code.
Please note that the family discount cannot be applied if you are paying separately, or if you are paying in person and not through the website. The website makes it easy to handle the discount, which is why the discount is only available for purchases through the website!