We have an annual membership fee of £20, for a year of membership in the club, which is part of the Academy of Historical Arts organisation.
The purpose of membership, first and foremost, is supporting the club and helping us keep our doors open! The club has invested quite a significant amount of money in loaner equipment for new members, and there are always financial obligations of various kinds for any sort of group or organisation.
Other benefits of membership include:
- public liability insurance cover
- discounts for attendance at events organised by the club or by the Academy of Historical Arts
- discounts on purchases through our club’s online shop
- discounts on purchases through the Academy of Historical Arts shop
- membership of a pro-active umbrella organisation with a vested interest in developing and improving the HEMA community in the United Kingdom
Sign Up for Membership
Please buy your club membership through our online shop here:
Once you buy your membership, you will receive an email with details about how to utilise your discounts for our club’s online shop.
Terms & Conditions, and Refunds Policy
Cancellations & Refunds
You may request to cancel your membership of Liverpool HEMA at any time. This request must be in writing, via some reasonably permanent medium: an email to the organisation would be acceptable, but a Facebook message is not suitable. We will cancel your membership within two weeks of receiving your request in writing.
When you cancel your membership, you will no longer be a Member, and you will instead be a guest whenever you attend one of our activities, sessions, or events. You will not receive any of the discounts or benefits for being a Member anymore.
If you cancel your membership within two weeks (fourteen days) of paying for it, we will provide you a full refund, unless you have used your membership to attend a session, receive a discount, or utilise any of the other advantages or benefits of membership. In other words, we can only refund a membership that has been unused.
The Academy of Historical Arts may be referred to hereafter as “the Academy” or “the AHA”.
The “term of subscription” is from the moment the subscription becomes valid until one year in the future. So a subscription that becomes valid on the 15th of September 2018 will expire on the 14th of September 2019 (days inclusive). This has changed from previous years, when the term of subscription ran until the end of August, regardless of when you signed up.
We will keep your personal information to ourselves and will not distribute it to any third party. The data will be treated confidentially in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the more recent GDPR.
We shall use an accredited third-party service to collect the payment, so that the service is PCI compliant and the payment will be taken securely. We will not see your card or bank details unless you choose to show them to us. Your data will be kept safe, secure, and private.
All Members of Liverpool HEMA must agree to the following terms: in consideration of obtaining membership to Liverpool HEMA and practising/performing any skills learned through the experience with programmes, courses, classes, related events and activities run by the organisation, all applicants must agree to the following:
1) I acknowledge and fully recognise that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of injury.
2) I assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following any such injury.
3) I understand that the AHA, instructors, staff members, and/or assigns may take my photograph. I agree that my photograph, including video photography, film photography, or other reproduction of my likeness, may be used without charge by the AHA, instructors, staff members for any purpose as they deem appropriate.
4) I understand that the AHA and their representatives may ask for a copy of any media that I take or record during an event or meeting run by the organisation; I agree to provide the organisation with such media when requested. I also grant permission to the photographer and to the Academy of Historical Arts, Liverpool HEMA, Fallen Rook Publishing, and Triquetra Services (Scotland), to use this media freely. Similarly, I agree that the photographer and the aforementioned organisations may use for any purpose any media in which I appear.
Updates to this Policy
This policy may be updated at any time, and the updated terms will be effective immediately.